Google Indexed DB and Compatible Controls

Can you include a screen shot?

Joel,

LocalStorage is organized by web address, even the port number. You can set AppStudio to use a specific port on every Start in Desktop Browser by going to Tools/Preferences/Advanced. Doing so will ensure the same web address when started, so you’ll get the appropriate copy of LocalStorage.

Gary

This should probably be a new thread but I believe the answer is to go to Tools/Preferences/Advances and enter something like 2000 into the Static Port Number. I do this when testing locally and need my localstorage data to stay put. I’m guessing the indexeddb data works the same.

John

Hi Gary,

I believe you are correct. First, I set all of my options in preferences to LOCAL, etc. Then, I selected “Deploy to Local Folder” and deployed the app. All of my database files were listed under IndexedDB in the Google development tool.

When I clicked on one of the database files the associated objects were shown. Subsequent clicks on each object displayed the associated data. My app operated and interfaced with the database as before the AppStudio upgrade.

More importantly, when I closed App Studio, and then reentered it, my database was not lost, because the same URL was used.

I really appreciate your input. Thank you very much…Joel Buschek