Plugin not installed but build log says it is, and Android 12 splashscreen issues

That will work nicely - good solution.

We’ll make a new build of AppStudio so this happens automatically.

There is a caveat to the method of using the existing splash screen because the Android 12 handling method is different so the existing splash screen image may need adjusting to suite, which in turn may have an unwanted effect for iOS, therefore using a separate specific image for Android 12 may need to be an option.

Good point.

I wonder, though, if Google requiring Android 12 just obsoletes anything but the Android 12 image. Why would the other images still be needed?

I guess the other non-android 12 splash screens might be used as a fall back ?

With Android 12 I have noticed it puts a circle around the splash image so my original splash screen gets cropped, I don’t wish to edit my splash screen to fix that issue because it will effect the splash screen on iOS.

As far as I can tell Android 12 prefers to use the app icon as the splash screen so perhaps something like this may also work:

<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenAnimatedIcon" value="resources/android/icon/drawable-port-xxxhdpi-screen.png" />

But trial and error to find which size icon works best.

Alternativity we can just use a custom splash screen for Android 12 as mentioned above.

<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenAnimatedIcon" value="www/XXXX/splash.png" />

This is another option to add your logo at the bottom of the splash screen but its not yet available in cordova so build will fail.

<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenBrandingImage" value="www/images/logo.png" />

Got it.
I took an icon with 72x72 px size. Used Photoshop in order to set size to 108x108 px without scaling the 72x72 logo contents. Filled the now white background around the green background with the same green background. Saved the image to ParEurIcon108.png and, in config.xml, set the path to
<preference name="AndroidWindowSplashScreenAnimatedIcon" value="resources/ParEurIcon108.png" />. Rebuilt. This is the new splashscreen. Important contents not any longer clipped.

Looks good! Thanks for following up with your solution.

This forum discussion helped me fix a difficulty I was having with the installation of a plugin and the Android 12 splash screen. The members of the community were highly informed and gave me thorough guidance on how to fix the problem. They were also really patient with me because I don’t have a lot of programming expertise. I’m delighted I found this site and enjoyed the authors’ informative and kind demeanor. If I run across any more problems in the future :nerd_face: , I’ll most certainly be coming back!

1 Like