Strange "email" capitalization issue

Inside a button onclick function I have:

email(txtEmail.value,txtSubject.value,txtBody.value)

I also have the following function:

Function email(t, subject, body)

location="mailto:" & encodeURI(t) & "?subject=" & encodeURI(subject) & "&body=" + encodeURI(body)

End Function

… which is based on the “SendMail” sample

The issue I’m having is that the word “email” inside the button code gets capitalized (to Email) every time I close then reopen AppStudio. Because of that, when the project is deployed, function “email” doesn’t fire when the button is clicked (Email does not equal email). When I highlight the line or click on and off of it, Email immediately autocorrects back to lower case to match function “email”.

It also only has this behaviour if I have this particular form’s code showing when I close then reopen AppStudio. If I switch to display a different forms code then close and reopen AppStudio, “email” doesn’t get capitalized.

This one drives me a bit nuts since I always need to correct the capitalization before deploying. I have two projects using the same code that exhibit the same behaviour. Just weird how this somehow got scrambled/corrupted.

When I open and close AppStudio with the SendMail sample loaded I don’t see this behavior.

Any clue how to fix this?

You probably have something else in your project named “Email”. It could be a control, form, function or variable.

If you can’t find it, you can also rename the email function to something like sendEmail.

Thanks.

The form name is Email, so that’s likely the issue.

Bob

Update: Confirmed. My form’s name (Email) was what was causing the issue.