We’re pleased to announce that 8.0.6 has been released.
The biggest change is that we’ve reworked the PhoneGap CLI interface. It’s now called Cordova and does a lot more of the work for you. Read more here.
Here’s what is new and fixed in the new release:
- PhoneGap CLI renamed Cordova
- Cordova: Completely renovated, simpler and easier to use.
- Cordova: Uses wxWebView (required by Apple)
- PhoneGap config.xml: Now uses wkWebView, as required by Apple.
- Project Properties: New Cordova Command property.
- Project Properties: PhoneGap section now named "PhoneGap and Cordova"
- BS4 Modal: Add ids to title, header, body and footer.
- Common Controls: Label - alignVertical with height=auto fixed.
- Controls: Add onfocusin event to list of events for all Input controls.
- Controls: Add oninput event to list of events for all Input controls.
- Cordova: Build using XCode 11 (required by Apple)
- Design Screen: Problem with rotation fixed.
- Electron: ElectronMain now passes eslint.
- Electron: Give error message if icon not found.
- Electron: was getting default icon from wrong folder.
- Electron: New electronIcon property.
- Forms: Bounds properties now properly note how fullscreen is handled.
- Installer: Properties for AppStudio.exe now shows the version.
- PWA: Don't cache php files.
- PWA: Use default scope instead of explicit. Clears a Chrome warning message.
- Samples: Improved BS4 Modal sample. (Thanks, Gary!)
To install on MacOS Catalina, you may need to right click on the .dmg file. Apple has just increased the security requirements for apps, and one of the libraries we (and millions of others) use has not been updated to this standard yet.
The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…” or visit our Downloads page..