We’re pleased to announce that 8.4.1 has been released.
There are a few new features. Uploads to VoltBuilder from AppStudio are now significantly smaller, making more apps eligible for the Free VoltBuilder plan. VoltBuilder can now upload your app to the Android and iOS app stores as part of the build. There are also some minor, but very useful changes.
Here is what is new and changed in 8.4.1:
- VoltBuilder: Only generates images for platform being built.
- VoltBuilder: Add properties for upload to Google Play Store.
- VoltBuilder: Add properties for upload to iTunes App Store.
- VoltBuilder: Add prompt before submitting build.
- Deploy: Add confirm prompt to FTP/SFTP Deploy.
- Runtime: Defer execution of SQLImport until after load completes.
- Deploy: Content Security Policy is now output for all jobs.
- Project Properties: Content Security Policy moved from VoltBuilder to General.
Items 2 and 3 are interesting. These get rid of a few steps posting builds to the app stores, a feature PhoneGap never had. More significantly, you can build and upload from a Windows box - no Mac is required for this step.
The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…” or visit our Downloads page.
Important: If you’re using VoltBuilder, please update to 8.4.1 Builds using AppStudio 8.3 will not work after October 25, 2020.