AppStudio 8.4.2 released

We’re pleased to announce that 8.4.2 has been released.

The most important change is the addition of the Certificate Wizard. Part of VoltBuilder, it lets you create your Android and iOS certificates easily.

With the addition of the Certificate Wizard, AppStudio developers no longer need a Mac to create iOS applications.

Here is what is new and changed in 8.4.2:

1. Certificate Wizard: Make Android and iOS certificates easily.
  2. BootStrap Input: minlength added as a property.
  3. Common Grid: addCols() wasn’t setting cell ids properly.
  4. Installer: Updated to the latest pyInstaller
  5. Obfuscator: Updated to the latest version. stringArrayEncoding is now an array.
  6. Samples: Update button on JavaScript NorthWind sample fixed.
  7. Windows Installer: Fixed a problem with the certicate

The easiest way to get the update is on the Help menu – “Check for Updates…” or visit our Downloads page.

Important : If you’re using VoltBuilder, please update to 8.4.2. Builds using AppStudio 8.3 will no longer work.

With obfuscation on (medium setting), I always get the below message with my app

Tried with the HelloWorld sample, and the result is the same.

I’m having no luck reproducing this. If you do View Log in the About screen, do any messages show up?

Anybody else see this?

I had this happen a long time ago. Don’t recall finding the problem but think there was some issue in my code. I just changed my None setting to Medium without issue.

John

I am seeing it on both my PC and laptop.
The View Log is empty using the HelloWorld sample the first time i try run it.
On second attempt, i see this

We’ve managed to reproduce this here. Working on a fix…

Thanks, that’ll be great

OK, give it another try. Download again and reinstall.

The problem turned out to be something minor in the build, so the version number is the same

Working, thanks.