AppStudio 8.4 Beta 1 is ready for testing. We’d like to get some people to try it before release.
The biggest change is that Make Native App with VoltBuilder is now hooked into VoltBuilder’s billing system. VoltBuilder has been free for AppStudio users for the past few months: we now have to institute a charge. (It’s not a cheap service to run!)
If you’re on an AppStudio Essential Subscription, you can get a discounted price on the VoltBuilder Indy Plan. If you’re on an AppStudio Pro subscription, there is no additional charge for VoltBuilder.
Here’s is what is new:
- Build using VoltBuilder now hooked into VoltBuilder billing.
- Preferences: VoltBuilder panel now accepts API Credentials.
- Preferences: Links changed to buttons to fix MacOS issue.
- About: New Deregister button removes serial number from copy.
- References to PhoneGap removed.
- Bootstrap: Updated to 4.5.3.
- DataTables: Updated to latest version (different modules).
- Libraries: Upgraded to Python 3.8.
As usual, let us know if you spot anything unusual!