AppStudio 8.5 Beta

No change there.

@Pro_Certs - the bug you found has been fixed (thanks). It’s 8.5.0.0b5, available now at the same URL.

It seams to be fixed, thank you.

I tried to move from 8.4.2.0 76 mb downloaded on 11/27/20 at 12:00 noon EST to the latest beta. It installs fine, but will not launch. Windows 10, 64 bit. All I did was install 8.5 beta over the 8.4.2.0. I then reinstalled 8.4.2.0 over the bad 8.5 and now the 8.4.2.0 works. Other than I get the following error when I open AppStudio:

What can I send to help get 8.5 installed?

Does it make any difference if you do a complete uninstall?

https://wiki.appstudio.dev/Solutions_to_Common_Problems#How_can_I_do_a_complete_uninstall.3F

Are you on Windows or MacOS?

In the instructions for the total uninstall, it is not clear what registry key to delete:

Remove the registry entry:

1. Start RegEdit (Windows Start button, enter regedit)
  2. Find HCU\Software\NSBasic\App Studio.
  3. Delete it.

Are we deleting the NSBasic key or just the App Studio key? And obviously not the HCU or Software keys. I deleted the former (NSBasic key). I was going to suggest spelling out HCU, but if you’re in regedit, then you better know WTF you are doing and what HCU is.

Other than that, it installed and I was able to bring up my main project. I ran it under start in desktop and it is acting oddly. EG, it works in 8.4.2.0 and not in 8.5 beta. I will hunt this down, as it looks like a logic error - hmm.

The 8.5 beta problem I believe is the same as AppStudio 8.4.2 won't run. I think it exemplifies the reasons for never releasing two versions with the same version number, especially when the difference between them was a major installer change.

I forgot to reset my port number in the Advanced section. All appears to be working fine.

I did find that for the move from Bootstrap 4.4 to 4.6 that is in 8.5, that the Bootswatch themes were updated, but only to 4.5, not 4.6. 4.6 appears to be available from the publisher on their github. The publisher also says it is very important to keep the versions in sync.

Thanks - we’ll update the themes right away.

New Error:

Error response Error code: 404 
Error code explanation: HTTPStatus.NOT_FOUND - Nothing matches the given URI

To reproduce:

1. Tap ‘Start in browser’
    Once the app has opened in the browser
  2. Change form from Form 1 to Form2
  3. Tap ‘Start in browser’ (again)
    = 404 not found

@Pro_Certs: are you using one of the samples for this? Or your own app?

@GaryGorsline - we’ve just uploaded Beta 6. It has the updated Bootswatch themes. Thanks for spotting this!

My own app.

I’ll try and reproduce it with a blank project.

I have sent you a test project which reproduces the 404 error.

@Pro_Certs: Thanks - I was able to reproduce it. Looks like a Chrome problem to me. We’ll check if they have changed something.

@Pro_Certs Looks like it’s due to 8.5 after all. We’ll work on it.

Bootswatch: Looks good. It looks like some of the screwieness of some of the themes has been resolved - for example sketchy seems to have better margins around textboxes and dropdowns.

We’ve just released beta 7. It resolves some issues with SQlite. There is a potential breaking changed: see the release notes.

@Pro_Certs: We’re still working on your 404 error.

We just uploaded Beta 8. It resolves an issue with the Code Window crashing.

Let us know if you are still have any issues with 8.5. Otherwise, we will proceed to release.

In the Preferences window, if you press the OK button, nothing happens. Shouldn’t the window close (and save my settings)?

We have an open issue for that one - if it doesn’t get fixed by release, it should be very soon after.