AppStudio 8 fails to run

When the link to download the MAC version of AppStudio 8 eventually appeared in the “Check for Updates” panel, I downloaded it to my MAC Laptop running Sierra 10.12.6. When I try to install AppStudio 8, it goes through the “verifying AppStudio” phase OK, then stops. I clicked on the file “Show Package contents- Contents- MACOS- AppStudio” which opened in Terminal, and found the following:-

Last login: Sun Dec 29 10:16:37 on ttys000
MacBook-Pro-3:~ grahamrook$ /Applications/AppStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/AppStudio ; exit;
[14630] Error loading Python lib ‘/Applications/AppStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/.Python’: dlopen: dlopen(/Applications/AppStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/.Python, 10): Symbol not found: _futimens
Referenced from: /Applications/AppStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/.Python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Applications/AppStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/.Python
logout
Saving session…
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
…completed.
[Process completed]I wondered whether the problem was the need for updated

I don’t understand it, but guessed that I needed to install Python 3, since version 8 uses this. I have installed Python 3 (confirmed via Terminal; version 3.8.1), binned AppStudio 8, restarted the laptop, and reinstalled AppStudio 8, but the problem remains. And the message shown above is still there, and exactly as before!
Any suggestions? Is the problem Sierra 10.12.6 ?

Best wishes
Graham Rook

First, there is no need to install Python 3. AppStudio installs all the files it needs.

We haven’t seen your problem before, though. We will continue to research this.

@GAWR, anything new on this? Does 8.0.0.3 help at all?

I would like to try 8.0.0.3 to see if that solves the problem, but “Check for updates” in my copy of 7.0.2.0 only offers me 8.0.0.1 and as I already mentioned, that will not run on my MAC laptop running Sierra. Is it possible to provide a direct link to 8.0.0.3 so that I can see whether that will run? I really would be grateful for some help and suggestions.
Thanks, G.

Give it a try - it will pull down the latest version, currently 8.0.0.3.

Today, 8th Jan, for the first time my copy of 7.0.2.0 offered me 8.0.0.3, so I tried to install it. The result was exactly as described in my first post about this problem, with the same message about python in the “Show Package contents- Contents- MACOS- AppStudio” file, which I opened in Terminal. What do I try now?
Thanks for any help and advice. G.

I’ve sent you a test build directly.

The solution was to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra (10.13). We have made this the minimum requirement for AppStudio 8.