AppStudio 9.0.5 released!

Thanks, @Neil_HNF. Looks like the problem happens if you try to use both methods (Cordova plugin and SQLite WASM) at the same time. Don’t do that.

We’ll see if we can make this more robust.

Not exactly! I wasn’t using the plugin and the library at the same time. The issues I had were when I only used the library…!

@Neil_HNF - Ok, thanks!

SQLExport and SQLImport are not yet implemented for SQLite WASM. We’re working on this now.

@jim - In the latest build of AppStudio, we made a change to the headers so SQLite WASM would work.

This uncovered a bug in the package manager you’re using (unpkg). That bug in unpkg is a longstanding one:

mjackson/unpkg#290
mjackson/unpkg#296

Since it doesn’t look like they will be fixing it soon, you have a couple of choices:

1. Use the Deploy to Local Server option on the Run menu. This seems to work fine.
  2. Switch to another content delivery network. (Note that it’s been 3 years since unpkg has been updated - that’s a long time)

Thanks George.

Clever detective work. Local deploy is fine for my test purposes. I will look into changing the CDN as well.

Cheers, Jim

Hi again.

Not urgent, but I’m just trying all my previous applications that worked in 9.0.4.3 for the run function “Start in Desktop Browser”. Not much luck with any that call on external web resources.

I am on Mac Sonoma 14.5, but that seems to be irrelevant, given that the old version of AppStudio running on the same platform creates a localhost server that allows these resources to load.

Maybe version 9.0.5.1 creates a slightly different localhost server with increased security settings (only on Mac OS?) - which is fine if I knew how to allow for them.

Anyway here is another example of an app that loads Google Calendar under 9.0.4.3 versus 9.0.5.1:

…and 9.0.5.1…:

Like I say, not urgent. Maybe there have been some valid COEP or CORP changes that apply more appropriate security constraints under the. 9.0.5.1 localhost run?

Thanks.

The solution should be to use the Deploy to Local Folder in the Run menu.

Yes, the localhost server now has different security settings, necessitated by SQLite WASM.

Pity. That was a feature of AppStudio I liked for quick testing.

Browser continue to evolve, especially due to security requirements. It’s something we’re constantly looking at with AppStudio - we do what we can.

i just updated and my code not works with COEP actived…
i still use this routine to add external calls
head=document.getElementsByTagName(“head”)[0]
script=document.createElement(“script”)
script.src=URLEnvio
head.appendChild(script)

and now, after update, all my services returns error:
GET net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE.NotSameOriginAfterDefaultedToSameOriginByCoep 200 (OK)

i dont know what do, i have many apps with this code

others references blocked too

@VagnerBertoni - this thread is getting a bit out of hand. Could you open a new topic for this issue?

I read the topics above more carefully and I believe I have the same problem as the others. I compiled it in a folder and everything worked… I believe that when you solve the cross origin it solves everything