AppStudio's "VoltBuilder Download To" setting not being stored with Project

I am not sure if anyone else has run into this issue but I always need to check the “VoltBuilder Download To” setting whenever I launch my projects. It appears that the setting is not being saved with the project. I work on a variety of different Projects and it seems like the paramater is always set to the path where I last set it. This can be a little annoying because if I don’t check, the downloaded APK file ends up in a different work folder than intended. For reference, I am using AppStudio version 8.5.7.5.

A fix to this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Robert

This may be working as intended. Are your projects saving to the last directory you select when downloading?

If you download to a different directory than what is in Preferences, it updates Preferences with the new value.

Hi George,

That is what is happening but wouldn’t it make more sense to save the “Download To” folder (preference) with each separate project? This way, we would only need to set the preference once when we create a new project. Right now I need to change the preference every time I open a different project. I also store all the Voltbuilder Log files that are returned with each build, so I am constantly changing the preferences.

Note - When downloading, you can only select the folder to save the Log file in; the program automatically uses the last set preference folder to save the APk file.

Current Scenario:
Open Project A, Set preference to Folder A, build the APK file, the Log File and APK automatically stored in Folder A
Open Project B, forget to set preference to Project B, Buld the APK file, Select Folder B to store the Log File, (APK file is stored in Folder A because I forgot to set the preference before building).

If I do set the preference for Project B to Folder B, then when I return to Project A, I need to reset the preference again to folder A.

Better Scenario:
Open Project A, Set preference to Folder A (which would only have to be done once as the preference is stored with the project), build the APK file, store the Log File in Folder A, (APK automatically stored in Folder A).
Open Project B, Set preference to Folder B (which would only have to be done once as the preference is stored with the project), build the APK file, store the Log File in Folder B, (APK automatically stored in Folder B).

Open Project A again, build the APK file, the Log File and APK automatically stored in Folder A).
Open Project B again, build the APK file, the Log File and APK automatically stored in Folder B).

Does that make any sense?

Regards,

Thanks, Robert. Now I understand your workflow and understand what you’re saying.