Changing the AS install web app popup

I’m sure I saw somewhere how to stop this message from being displayed on Android/IOS for web apps. I’d like to stop the pop up, as it is not presented timely and seems to pop up everytime you start the program, if you don’t accept it.

What I’d like to do is to have my program, at the appropriate time, check to see if we are an appropriate web app and if it’s been installed or not, and if not, then provide in my UI a mechanism to ask and perform the install.

Could you mean this?

02%20AM

Ahh, yes. Thanks - I knew I saw it somewhere.

The other part of the question is: I’d like to present the same question in my UI, is there an easy way for me to call the function that does the installation from my code?

The function is addToHomescreen()

However, you will need to include the libraries manually, since they are not included in AppStudio without the flag being set.

I have the ‘Add to home screen promt’ in my project unchecked but the webapp will still ask to ‘Add to homescreen’. Is ther a way of stopping this appearing?

The author of addToHomeScreen added this: This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.

It’s also possible that PWA support has affected this. You could try turning that off in Project Properties.

That did it. Thank you

Am I reading this correctly? With AS V8.3, If PWA is on in project properties, that add to home screen happens anyways whether it is turned on or off?

Would seem that way. Works on all my android devices. Haven’t lowered myself to buying an apple device for testing…yet.