I tried it again this morning without error at first. But now I know the key that causes the src file to delete. Here’s the process. I’m using a BS4 image, but I’m sure it happens with common control images as well.
- On the default form add a BS4 image control
- save the project.
- add a common controls container to the form
- cut the image control from the form
- save the project
- go to your image folder and notice the image file has been deleted. However, the CUT image control still points to that file.
- paste the control back onto the form.
- you’ll get the error about the bad source.
- paste the control into the container.
- no error about the bad src.
It’s the project save that is deleting the files. And why I missed it for so long is that it was the save on deploy that was getting me. I cut an image, started on desktop browser, then pasted the image back.