Deploying to Volt fails with 'certificate verify fails'

I have not touched my app since 2018 (didn’t need to). It is built with an old version of AppStudio - 6.3.1.2. I have now needed to make a minor change - basically just changing a chart of numbers within the app. When I run the updated app locally by starting it in the web browser or deploy it to a local folder, the app works fine. But when I try to deploy it to Volt (where the 2018 version has been running just fine since, well, 2018) the deploy fails with the following error dialog:

Deployment failed - ('bad handshare: Error ([(‘SSL routines’, ‘ssl3_get_server_certificate’, cartificate verify failed )],)",): Network error.

I know I need to update to the latest AppStudio, but given that doing so is going to break my app and require some updating, I’d really like to follow the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” principle and just deploy the current version with these minor changes using the old version of AppStudio. Then I can update to the new version at my leisure.

Is there a fix for this problem? Is it caused by using an old version of AppStudio? Help!

The certificate for that version has expired. You’re running a 5 year old version of AppStudio. It’s time to upgrade.