Full screen Web app iPhone

In an older version of appstudio, if you loaded a web app in iOS and clicked Add to Home, an icon was created and clicking it launched with a full screen. With the current version of appstudio, it launches in the browser, seriously reducing the available size. Is there some way around this?

Also, it used to add an icon using my icon. Now it adds a useless screenshot. This is an iOS change. The first is an appstudio change.

I found a difference in appstudio V4 and V8 meta tags:

V4

meta name='apple-mobile-web-app-capable' content='YES' />
meta name='mobile-web-app-capable' content='yes' />
meta name='apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style' content='default' />

V8

meta name='mobile-web-app-capable' content='yes' />
meta name='apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style' content='default' />

By editing index.html on my server to look like V4, Add to Home will again allow full screen, albeit without the correct icon. However, it reports screen height incorrectly.

Which version of Safari are you running on your phone? It seems both Apple and Google are tweaking full screen app on an ongoing basis. Apple in particular has not clearly documented the proper way to do full screen apps.

V14.7.1

I also tried it on an old iPod. On both devices, the app works correctly using NSB V4 and incorrectly using NSB V8.5.

So the difference is this line?

<meta name='apple-mobile-web-app-capable' content='YES' />

If you put it into extraheaders in Project Properties, it will get put into the index.html file so you don’t have to edit it.

Here’s an interesting article I found - does it help?

It doesn’t work in extra headers, even if you include all three lines. Presumably an ordering problem. So, as far as I can see, the index.html file must be modified each deploy.

It stopped working for me for hours. Just got it to work again. I must have changed something else somewhere.

Haven’t figured out how to get the icon right on Home. It displays an ugly shrunken screen.