Height setting field missing for TextArea bs4 (Properties Window)

Hi, I know I can set this in styles in the properties window (css) but has this option been removed for any reason that I need to know about?
Thanks
Will.

The TextArea is expandable, either adding more text or by the user dragging it to a larger size. If you want to limit its size, put it in a Container.

Thanks George, Containers :+1:

I’m having trouble with the BSTextarea. I put it in a container and I still have the textarea go way off the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

and I’m getting this when I click on the textarea…

bsFunctions.min.js:17 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'disabled' of null
    at HTMLDivElement.get (bsFunctions.min.js:17)
    at HTMLDocument.handlers (jquery3.js:2)
    at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery3.js:2)
    at HTMLDocument.v.handle (jquery3.js:2)

How can I reproduce the error?

I think the CSS overflow style might be able to help your TextArea issue:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_overflow.asp

I was putting some html formatted text into the textarea’s.innerhtml and not the .value. If I put straight text into the .value it works fine. If I set the .innerHTML then it overflows (Your link helped me stop that) but also brings up that error when I click on the textarea.

Should I be able to set innerhtml only? Or is my result expected?

Just trying to get something a bit prettier and also editable. Too much to ask of the BStextarea?

Again - how can I reproduce the error? Can you make it happen in a test project with just a TextArea?

I have the same problem only with a Listgroup(bs4). I have placed it within the container as you suggested and still when I fill the listgroup () using:

For i=1 To totnum
           Listgroup1.addItem(title(i)) 
       Next

When the list exceeds the size of the container it just keeps filling and runs off the bottom of the page.
Any Ideas or solutions? I could zip up my project if you wish.
Paul

Tip : If you’re pasting code, html or config files, surround the code with triple back ticks (```), before the first line and after the last one. It will be formatted properly.

Yes, I had put the three back ticks. Anyway, You mentioned above about the overflow property, but I don’t see that property. How do I set the overflow property? Thank you, Paul

(I actually edited your post to change ‘’’ to ```)

You can add additional CSS rules in the style property of the control.

Thank you so much. That solved the overflow. We learn new tricks every day!!

Sub Main()
  Textarea1.innerHTML = "test"
End Sub

This code in a project with only Textarea1 on the screen gives me errors when I click on the Textarea.

Thanks - I’m seeing something funny here too. We’re on it.

1 Like

If there any chance you’re adding code in BASIC to a form which has its language property set to JavaScript?

If this isn’t the case, can you send me the project?

Definitely basic. Sent project to you.