.hidden .Visible problems with BootStrap 4

I’m having problems with the .hidden and .Visible properties in BootStrap 4.

1. Immediately after Button1.hide(), Button1.hidden = False. (ie. the hide() and show() methods don’t seem to affect the .hidden property). Am I doing this right? Should I use Button1.hide() or Button1.hidden = True to hide buttons?

2. When entering code .Visible is listed as an option, but the debugger tells me the .Visible property is undefined.

The documentation tells me .hidden is not available for all controls - can I get a list of which ones it is available for?

The most reliable way to hide and show controls is to deal directly with the control’s styling:

Hide a control:

Button1.style.display = "none"

Show a control:

Button1.style.display = "block"

This works for all controls.

To retrieve a visible status of bs4 Input do we…
If Button1.style.display = “none” then?

Seems BS is a little…bs. Don’t remember having all the little niggles with JQuery that I do with BS. That other peoples’ experience? BS still being encouraged as the goto control set?

Re experience: I use BS within other environments as well. When I add / insert a BS control it is visible in design screen and in a code window where I can edit the code belonging to this control as well as the complete code. If one knows the rules of BS it is very easy to tweek the code until it fits the needs. This way BS is not so much of a pain in getting controls working and appearing nicely. With AppStudio one can insert a control and needs to fine tune everything with the properties provided by the properties window. So you need to know if e.g. z-index is an attribute, a class or a style etc. You need the debugger to check the index.html in order to learn how AppStudio translated the properties. Often I realized that properties I added, appeared twice because AppStudio already hat taken care of this automatically. So the technique with properties to fill in is great and comfortable if one is perfect. Other users could wish to have the code of a just added control or the complete code of the html page directly editable in a code window beside the design screen.

With jQuery Mobile, we added some functions to make the controls work like Visual BASIC. This was useful for people converting VB apps to AppStudio.

Not many people are still doing those conversions. With Bootstrap, we thought it would be better to have people use the BS controls as intended, not as Visual BASIC replacements.

That sounds fair enough. My skills are very much in the ‘basic’ category so that’d explain that.