How can one fix the error Source path does not exist: icons/android/ldpi.png?

Dear AppStudio Users,

Please help.

How can one fix the error Source path does not exist: icons/android/ldpi.png?

I choose this…

Run, > Make Native App With PhoneGap CLI,

…and I am getting this error…

Android Studio project detected
Discovered plugin “cordova-plugin-statusbar” in config.xml. Adding it to the project
Installing “cordova-plugin-statusbar” for android
(node:8024) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): Error: Source path does not exist: icons/android/ldpi.png
(node:8024) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

…so how can I fix that?

Please advise.

Thanks.

– Mark Kamoski

I had the error with the missing ldpi.png when Phonegap introduced version 7.1.0. The error disappeared and the apk was successfully built by inserting in config.xml:

preference name=‘phonegap-version’ value="cli-7.0.1"
preference name=‘pgb-builder-version’ value=‘1’

Could be that you should add spec= … (locking to a certain version) to some plugins, such as - in my case -:
plugin name=“cordova-plugin-geolocation” spec="~2.4.3"

~2.4.3 was needed to work together with cli-7.0.1
Don’t forget the brackets. I deleted them because this board did not accept the lines with brackets.
Bernd

Do you happen to know the full and complete path that it is looking for here? I can see part of the path in the error message itself. However there is a large hierarchy of folders there and so I can’t tell exactly where this resource should exist. I am thinking that I could just manually create the resource in that area and that will be good enough for the compilation tool. So do you happen to know the full path to that folder?

I thought so too. This led to nowhere. I do not remember if people said it is/was just a bug with 7.1.0. The suggested workaround does it without complaining a missing png. Perhaps you will find more with:

cordova geo location
created by andersborglund in PhoneGap Build - View the full discussion

Bernd

Bernd,

Ok, but I found…

config.xml

…in the following locations…

C:\GoogleDrive\NsbAppStudio\Projects\TestV02\phonegap\node_modules\cordova-android\spec\fixtures\android_project\res\xml

C:\GoogleDrive\NsbAppStudio\Projects\TestV02\phonegap\node_modules\cordova-android\bin\templates\project\res\xml

C:\GoogleDrive\NsbAppStudio\Projects\TestV02\phonegap\node_modules\cordova-android\test\app\src\main\res\xml

C:\GoogleDrive\NsbAppStudio\Projects\TestV02\phonegap\platforms\android\app\src\main\res\xml

C:\GoogleDrive\NsbAppStudio\Projects\TestV02\phonegap

…so do I change all of them?

What do you think?

Please advise.

Thanks.

– Mark Kamoski

Sorry. I expected you would use PhoneGap build with AppStudio’s menu, i.e. Start (RUN in English version??), then: Make native App with Phonegap Build. In the Project Explorer of AppStudio you have to click on the top line which should be something like: Project properties and global code. Go down to properties Phonegap / config.xml. Click on the control with the three dots … Now you can edit the config.xml and insert the lines I suggested in my first message.

Bernd

Hi.
My experience is restricted to PhoneGap Build. You could read Help/Technotes the technotes concerning Phonegap. You will find: use PhoneGap Build, choose “Build Native App with PhoneGap” under the Run menu. Your app will be uploaded to PhoneGap’s compilation service. With PGB the config.xml property is the SOLE one you have to work with.
Please ask again if you need further advice.
Bernd

Update: Today I used Phongap cli-8.0.0 in config.xml to build with AppStudio. Again there were messages that paths to certain icons und splashscreens would not exist. Successfully I did this:

1. Used http://pgicons.abiro.com/ to create new icons and splash screens für PG8 from the existing ones.
  2. Copied them to subdirectories within my project - named so as PhoneGap log told paths (and files) were missing.
  3. Added the new folder names to property manifest:
    splash
    icons
  4. In config.xml renamed the splash screen and icon names according to the names in splash/android and icons/android folders.

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

could you bitte, bitte upload a working HelloWorld App? I have the same Problem and would like to see a working example.

Danke

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.