Icons Randomly Change on Their Own

Hi,

For some strange reason the button and listgroup-item icons in some of my apps intermittently randomly change to different icons.

To replicate (iOS):

1. Open app
  2. Double tap home button on device (to close app)
  3. Open app, icons have changed.

I can provide screenshots.

Is it running as a web app or PhoneGap?

It’s an app compiled with phonegap build.

I haven’t seen this before. Do you have a Mac so you can use Safari to check the remote console?

This happens intermittently with all my app icons as well that are using Open Iconic. For example, a simple menu or cog icon assigned in the header will randomly switch to a guitar icon after closing and opening the app. Every app that uses the icon property does it.

Only solution was to not use the icon property and load a small graphic element instead.

Phonegap Build

I don’t have a mac so I cant test that.

The standard icons I’m using such as chevron-right, menu etc change to roses and diamonds.

Found this if its of any relevance?

I have both platforms, Mac and PC and it doesn’t seem to matter which platform I ran Phongegap from to generate the ipa’s or apk’s from. Once on the device, the icons began changing intermittently. Very strange issue.

I’m not using Fontawesome but thanks for the reference. AppStudio no longer uses it and switched to Open Iconic a while back. Great alternative but couldn’t nail down this problem so I used images instead.

Can you make a minimal project, with only one icon, which reproduces this?

I havnt used FA icons either, I’m referencing the ones which AppStudio uses, ie.

Properties > Icon “chevron-right”.

I’m unable to create a new iOS app with just one icon as I’d need to generate new signing keys and mobile provisioning files for it.

You can use the same certificate for multiple projects. Each one needs its own mobileprovision file. You’re allowed multiple of those.

Yes I understand that, I have a number of iOS apps. I’m currently updating all my iOS apps before UIWebView is deprecated (in case phonegap build is slow to update to WKWebView), then I’ll create a test app to test the icon issue.

I couldn’t replicate it on Android so it seems to be just an iOS issue.

@Pro_Certs:

Are you adding this to your config.xml?

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine" source="npm" />
<platform name="ios">
  <preference name="WKWebViewOnly" value="true" />
  <feature name="CDVWKWebViewEngine">
    <param name="ios-package" value="CDVWKWebViewEngine" />
  </feature>
  <preference name="CordovaWebViewEngine" value="CDVWKWebViewEngine" />
</platform>

This is added by default to all new AppStudio projects starting with 8.0.6. If you have an older project, you’ll need to edit your existing config.xml.

Ah, I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll try it on my next app update today.

It that compatible with cordova-plugin-inappbrowser ?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.