New Project doesn't clear out the design env

What’s the best way to create a new project? When I choose File>New Project, I’m first asked if I want to save changes to the current project. If I choose No. I’m presented with a Create a Project dialog. When I choose “Create” the old project is still displayed. I can’t figure out how to entirely close out the previous project and start a fresh one.

Just tried it here. The old project disappears and the fresh new one shows up once you complete the Create Project dialog screens.

Share your story with the AppStudio Community! Quarantine Stories

You must say YES to save if asked, which you usually are.

Hi Gary,
I believe the behavior I’m seeing is related to the new project location being in a protected AppStudio folder. The process aborts but nothing is shown to indicate that that has happened.

Still, why say “yes” if I don’t want to save changes? Sounds dangerous.

Thanks,
Ken

Sorry, I should have explained further. If you say no, you don’t get a new project. But it seems the bug was filled, or it may have been me. I’ve avoided that scenario since. I just retested and it works correctly in 8.0.6b2 - oh nice, I need to install 8.0.6 final. I probably had a different problem, like yourself, when it happened to me. I’ve only been with AppStudio since July and brand new to JS, jQuery, BootStrap, it’s been a ride :slight_smile: