Newbie question, Volt.Build

Hello,

sorry for my newbie question - but I am getting frustrated… :frowning:

Would like to transfer a simple sample app to my iPhone.

When publishing (to local folder?!) there is no www folder, no voltbuilder.json, no folder certificates is created…

What am I doing wrong?

Thx,

Olaf

I’m not sure I can help much as I use Visual Studio with Voltbuilder.

Basically, I created the necessary folders (certificates, www etc) and added the files and then manually created the voltbuilder.json, I zip it and upload it via the web UI. I know some of the other (more experienced) developers use nodejs to push their builds to volt.build.

From their I use the Over The Air (OTA) to download and install to the device.

Are you trying to run as a web app, or a native app created using Make Native App with VoltBuilder in the Run menu?

If it is a native app, AppStudio takes care of making all the folders, zipping them and submitting to VoltBuilder.

…ok.

I had to change the project properties to “iOS” - always got an Android download.

The 1st time I get an error because of the missing .p12 file.

But the folder “certificates” is created!

After copying all necessary files to “certificates” folder I got my iPhone app being installed using the QR code!!!

GREAT!!!

It was your sample app “CordovaPlugins”.

When clicking on “Camera” or “Barcode” the app crashes.

But the most important thing:

Managed to install a 1st app on my iPhone.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Cheers,

Olaf

What I did wrong - maybe interesting for “newbies” like me… :wink:

When using AppStudio and building via Volt-Builder AppStudio does almost everything for you!

I thought I’d have to zip all the files, upload them etc. manually…

Just specify the “target” in the project settings:

https://wiki.appstudio.dev/Properties_Window
https://wiki.appstudio.dev/Cordova#Cordova_Commands

Start building native app with Volt.Builder - make sure all cert’s and signing files are copied to the “certificates” folder (will be generated automatically).

That’s it!

Great!

Thank you for all your support.

Cheers,

Olaf