No onclick functions working after upgrade

I had to upgrade NSB after my laptop died, and have since upgraded on my PC also.

Now my existing project does not work - clicking on items using the hamburger (BS4) works, but if I use a button (BS4), it simply doesn’t register when I click on it i.e. I’ve added a new form, and made it the default start form, put a single button on the page with this code behind it:

Function Button1_onclick()
  MsgBox("hello")
End Function

When I run and click on the button - nothing happens at all.

If I make a brand new project, add a button and use the same code, it works as intended and I will get a dialog box when I click the button.

Anyone else come across this or have any ideas what is wrong?

I have a similar case. I just replaced my HD to SSD and reinstall the NSB. My project can open, but cannot see the forms and code. When I click the “Start in Desktop Browser”, nothing happen. Even I open a sample project, it won’t go as well.

When you run the app, are there any errors in the Chrome Console?

@Michael, Are you still having problems? Are there any errors in the Chrome Console?

No, there are no errors in the Chrome Console when I click on the button.

No app running in Chrome. I found after I use the Save As project to another directory for backup purpose, the forms within the new project cannot show within the AppStudio program and nothing happen after clicking the “Start in Desktop Browser”.

In the original project that is working fine within AppStudio, after adding a mp3 file in the Project Explorer, then I delete it and replace with a new modified mp3 file (same filename). Nothing will be happen after clicking the “Start in Desktop Browser”. I can see all the forms within the AppStudio, but when I open another project project and then open this project again, no forms show within the AppStudio and I cannot run the project. I can’t even open another project and close the AppStudio. I need to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close it.

I have a similar case. I just replaced my HD to SSD and reinstall the NSB. My project can open, but cannot see the forms and code. When I click the “Start in Desktop Browser”, nothing happen. Even I open a sample project, it won’t go as well.

That actually sounds similar to when I installed the never version of NSB - there is another thread addressing this, but in my case I:

1. Installed the newer version
  2. Install the old version (4.3) over the top, and the project worked
  3. Re-Installed the newer version and it was all fine - everything shows up - but now I have this onclick) issue.

Sounds a bit different to what you are dealing with, but this is the post I’m referring to: "Internet Explorer reload timeout. Please try again" - #14 by mingle47

I am using the 7.3 previously, when I upgrade my SSD and reinstall the 7.4, then it happen like this. I also try the Mac 7.4 version and got the same result. I even open the samples\BASIC\5. PhoneGap and Electron\PhoneGapAPI.appstudio project and got the same result. The AppStudio program cannot quit afterward.

@michael - This sounds like some sort of installation problem unrelated to the original question which was asked. Could you contact support@appstudio.dev and we will help you directly.

@john73 - could you deploy to Volt or your own server and send me the URL? Is it just one button which is affected or all of them?

@ghenne - I’ll deploy it to volt for you later today. Thanks for your help.

Okay, this is weird - sort of. I had undefined references from old variables I’m no longer using - I got rid of those errors, and it’s now working.

I wouldn’t have expected those errors to stop my code form working in some parts (onclick on buttons, but still allow hamburgers to function) - but it’s solved my problem.

Thanks for the timely help yet again George :slight_smile:

Please take a look on my attached test project test.appstudio.zip (1.7 MB) . It is a copy of Sample\PhoneGapAPI project. I can open it in AppStudio, but I cannot see the view and code show in the center part of the program. When I click the run, there is nothing happen and I cannot open another project and even quit the AppStudio. It is a newly installed 7.4 on my Win 10 Pro (bootcamp from Macbook Pro). I am also install the Mac version on my Macbook Pro and got the same result.

@Michael, thanks for posting this!

The problem turned out to be with the sample app. It had a double quote (") in the description property, which then broke the new PWA manifest. AppStudio now replaces double quotes in the description with single quotes.

We’ve just uploaded a new build (7.4.0.5) which has the fix.

1 Like

OK. It is back to normal. Thanks.