No success displaying pdf's

My app is for my cnc machine guys who require looking up data from pdf charts. Current app is simple, (Form, HTMLview, and a jqwButton. It works fine during testing and successful deploy to VoltServer. When I get it to my device (iPhone SE) and Safari, my control shows blank. I’ve converted pdf to HTML with same result. Any guidance will be appreciated, driving me crazy …

First question: Have you tried using the Remote Debugging to see if there are error messages?

Thanks George
I converted my pdf charts to decent png’s, displaying in the PictureBox. Works fine.

We have the same issues with PDF files on iOS. We’ve found that if you convert the PDF file to base64 then it will work.

Thank you Pro_Certs for your reply. I’m quite the rookie at this, I’ve got the pdf converted to a base64 string, what’s next? Should I convert to a different format? Thanks again for your help.

There are two options on iOS native apps to open base64 files, with the “cordova-plugin-inappbrowser” plug-in or the “cordova-plugin-preview-any-file” plug-in.

If you don’t need to print or share the file then the “cordova-plugin-inappbrowser” is the simplest of methods.

Example:

//'Base64 PDF files
var pdf1 = "data:application/pdf;base64,put your base64 code here";
var pdf2 = "data:application/pdf;base64,JVBERi0xLSHBFgyghufguffggu";

Function pdf1_btn_onclick()
  cordova.inappbrowser.open(pdf1);
End Function

Function pdf2_btn_onclick()
  cordova.inappbrowser.open(pdf2);
End Function

Thanks Pro_Certs, I’ll give it a go.