Nsbasic cannot generate apk file anymore

I am a nsbasic subscriber. I try to generate app for Android for the example “Hello World”. The App is generated for download, but ithe downloaded App file can not install.

Sometimes, it cannot generate the apk file for download. It show me an error message says the icon file not found.

I cannot make any app by using nsbasic now. Can you help me to fix this problem., please.

What version of AppStudio are you using?

You should be on 7.4.2. Google has changed their requirements for Android apps - the latest version of AppStudio has changes to meet those requirements.

https://blog.appstudio.dev/2019/07/phonegap-build-updates-to-cli-9-0-0/

1 Like

I use 7.4.2 now.
I got the following error message when I use PhoneGap to create App of the “HelloWorld” example.

android; error; Error: Source path does not exist: icons/android/ldpi.png

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Yes. Have a look at the blog post I pointed to last time. Your icon and splash folders need to have all the required files.

I follow the instruction of the following link step by step.
https://blog.appstudio.dev/2019/07/phonegap-build-updates-to-cli-9-0-0/

Now, I am in step here:
https://wiki.appstudio.dev/SplashScreens#Android_2

I do not know how to do the following step.
“Put the main splash screen file name into ‘manifest’ in Project Properties: i.e. 320x426.png Also, in Project Properties, put that same file name into PhoneGap splashscreen.”

Q. Put Splash screen file name in where of the manifest?
Q. How can I put the Splash screen file name in Project Properties, and PhoneGap splashscreen?

I do not know how to do the following step also.

“Android
A similar file structure is needed as for web apps, but the screen sizes are different:
Create a folder in your Splash folder called android.
Add the following lines to the PhoneGap configxml property:”

Q. Where is the Splash folder, I cannot find it.
Q. Where is the PhoneGap configxml property. I cannot find it as well.

Thank you for your help.

In a recent release, ‘manifest’ was renamed ‘extraFiles’. We’ve fixed the docs.

You’ll need to create the splash folder in your project’s root.

The PhoneGap config.xml property is in Project Properties. Scroll down to the PhoneGap section.

Is this the correct step I have to do?

1. Rename the manifest folder to extraFiles folder.

2. Create a splash folder in my project root.

3. Copy my icon. png and splash. png files into the splash folder.

4. Run NSB and make my app by using PhoneGap.

取得 Android 版 Outlook

1… No. Manifest and extraFiles are Project Properties, not folders.

2-4. Correct. Have a look at the samples to see how this is done.

an icons folder is now required too. And needs to be listed in extraFiles. with splash folder. And the config.xml must match folders for icons and splash screens.

I got a message “error: Private app limit reached.” when I use PhoneGap to create my app.

I do not understand why a user has to spend so much time to make the commercial software work. May be I am too stupid to set up it.

I have the same problem before and I just go to the https://build.phonegap.com/ then login and delete the APP under the settings. I can build successfully.

My icon filename is icon.png. Where should I put the file name in extraFiles.

{{
  "short_name": "{hstitle}",
  "name": "{hstitle}",
  "description": "{spdesc}",
  "display": "standalone",
  "start_url": "index.html",
  "background_color": "black",
  "theme_color": "black",
  "icons": [
    {{
      "src": "nsb/images/icon.png",
      "sizes": "72x72"
    }},
    {{
      "src": "{spicon}",
      "sizes": "192x192"
    }},
    {{
      "src": "nsb/images/icon.png",
      "sizes": "512x512"
    }}
  ]
}}

I see a few problems here.

• This code looks like it is the manifest property in the Progressive Web App section. That has nothing to do with PhoneGap apps.

• You’re referencing nsb/images/icon.png and claiming it is both 72x72 and 512x512.

• nsb is part of AppStudio itself and should not be modified. It does not have a file named icon.png. If you add one there, it probably won’t work.

Have a look at one of the samples, like PhoneGapAPI. Have a look how it is set up for an example how to do this.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.