Phonegap Build Splash Screens

I have followed the new procedure for adding splash screens but now only the default phonegap splash screen is shown ?

Build passes on dev mode but fails when I sign the app for release:

• What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:mergeReleaseResources'.
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.android.builder.internal.aapt.v2.Aapt2Exception: Android resource compilation failed
  /var/gimlet/tmp/47036091285260/3836037/app/src/main/res/mipmap-mdpi/ic_launcher.png: error: failed to read PNG signature: file does not start with PNG signature.

Did you get rid of any icon lines, such as

<icon src='{icon}' />

Solved:
It turns out that my icon.png was in fact actually a .gif file. I changed the image to an actual .png file and now seems ok android as does the splash screen.

@Leader: Blog from Jan 13 - What’s new with PhoneGap Build - has a link to a sample config.xml.
This contains still one icon line:
preference …
icon src=’{icon}’
preference n…
That is why I did not delete this line in my updated apps. No problems with this line. Really delete it anyway?

You’re right - that line is OK to have. We’ll fix the docs.

Please could you kindly share your config file for my reference. I have been battling to get the splash screen work. Thanks

Hi, the best way is to create a brand new project as the manifest is then generated. You can then copy that manifest file to your project.

OK, pardon the blank project dosen’t generate splash.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.