PhoneGap is Done

PhoneGap has made it official: as of October 1, its service will be discontinued.

We’ve been working with PhoneGap since AppStudio started in 2010. For most of that time, it’s worked well. In the past year, however, they have fallen behind.

PhoneGap is no longer able to produce apps which meet the requirements of either the iOS or Android stores.

The good news is that VoltBuilder is working great. If you haven’t yet, it’s time to move.

Over the next few weeks, we will be removing PhoneGap from AppStudio. Pricing for VoltBuilder will also be announced.

I would suggest the voltbuilder would allow unpaid voltbuilder to download the dummy release app with center grey out with voltbuilder logo and please pay for it label. It is more advisable to let us judge whether our app is 100% working, and to let our coin serves it purpose. I am purchase 2 version of appstudio without doing anything concrete. Best rdgs, tst

Are you using VoltBuilder through AppStudio? In that case, there are no restrictions at this time - AppStudio users have full use of VoltBuilder during the test period. We’ll let you know when this changes.

If you are using VoltBuilder directly, please post your question on the VoltBuilder forum:

Indy. - - - >commercial or personal

Is this a question? What would you like to know?

I wanted to know what indy refers. Does indy offer commercial jobs or do project for his own just for fun… Sorry 4 the trouble.

We haven’t announced the plans or pricing for AppStudio users yet. In the meantime, VoltBuilder is free when used through AppStudio.