Signature Control / (JQM) Text Box Conflict

Hi,
I’ve found an issue with the newest versions of the software (6.3)
If you have a textbox in one form and enter some text into it, when you go into a signature form any time after that it’s completely unresponsive.

Here’s a slightly amended version of the sample signature app :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysj2nlk3rrkl12k/signatureissue.apk?raw=1

Here’s the project file : -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kw35lwrfb7zcyj/SignatureIssue.nsx?raw=1

This bug cost me quite a bit of time today, but I’m glad i finally zoned in on it and have produced replication.
If you could take a look at it asap, I’d really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Neil

Just to clarify, this must be

1. tested on an Android device (compiled) and
    2)the text box must be ‘clicked out of’ before going to the second screen…

Double checked and thought it was back working by some miracle, but then noticed that condition 2 MUST be followed.
Thanks,
Neil

By “compiled”, do you mean a native app created with PhoneGap Build?

Hi George,
Yes, Phonegap Build
Thanks,
Neil

I moved this question to the PhoneGap area - but I should have also asked:

Do you see the problem when running as a web app on an Android device?

Hi George,I didn’t try it like that, unfortunately…Might get a chance tomorrow.Thanks, Neil

Hi George,
Tried it as a web app just now and the problem doesn’t occur.
The problem only occurs for Phonegap built apps. (on Android at least - not tested on IOS)
Thanks,
Neil

Hi George,
To add, if there is a textbox on the same form as a signature control, then the act of moving focus from the signature to the textbox actually wipes the signature content. Any progress on this issue, as workarounds are not ideal?
Thanks,
Neil

Which Textbox control are you using?

It’s the JQM textbox.

(Sorry - I see now that the information was in the subject!)

Can you see if the same thing happens in a small project with a Bootstrap TextBox?

Hi George,
Just tried a bs textarea. Same issue. I’m guessing it’s related to the soft keyboard opening and shutting.
Thanks,
Neil

Hi George,
Just wondering if this bug is something you are fixing at the moment? I’d rather not have to carry out workarounds on all my current apps if at all possible and I’m under pressure to release app updates soon.
Thanks,
Neil

This appears to be an interaction between jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap, neither of which are AppStudio’s software. We can dig into this kind of thing, but it’s not covered under our free support.

https://www.nsbasic.com/app/support.php/

Just to clarify, is the Signature Box a Jquery control?
The issue occurs when the app causes the soft keypad to activate / close.
I’ll see if this issue has been flagged at Phonegap/ Cordova
Thanks,
Neil

No, Signature is not a jQuery Mobile control.

It’s one we built on top of a Canvas control. It seems like changing focus on the Textbox is clearing the Canvas.

Continuing to experiment, if you use an NSB.Inputbox in the same form as the Signature box, that will also clear the Signature Box contents. (suggesting the issue is directly related to the use of the soft keypad)
That would seem to rule out JQM ?
Is it just a Phonegap issue then?

The same thing happening with BS Textbox would also seem to clear jQM.

Hi,
As a final word I this…If neither JQM nor Bootstrap are the culprit here and I’ve been building apps with signature controls and textboxes and with the latest version of Phonegap with success for the past number of months, then doesn’t the only possible issue remain either with the new coding in 6.3.x or somehow with the Canvas control? Have Canvas controls had a change in code recently?
As of now, I’m forced to remove all textboxes from forms with Signature Controls, which is a bit awkward.
Thanks,
Neil

PhoneGap itself is also a possible culprit, as well as changes to the underlying browser.