Using css with Jqxgrid

Hi,

I successfully followed the JqxGrid example shown on this site.
I put the CSS code shown in the top right corner (colour info) on that site in the NSB project CSS.

Instead of having fixed CSS, i need to be able to change colours based on what the user selects. Is there a way to do this? Such as store the colours in an array to then be used as required?

Thanks

Do you want to change the color of an individual cell, or the css definition which applies to the cell?

Essentially, i need to change the colour of the individual cell. With the website sample, they set the cell colours using:

var cellclass = function(row, columnfield, value) {
if (value < 3) {
return ‘red’;
} else if (value >= 3 && value < 8) {
return ‘yellow’;
} else return ‘green’;
};

Then the CSS is as follows:

.green {
color: black !important;
background-color: #b6ff00 !important;
}

.yellow {
background-color: yellow !important;
}

.red {
background-color: #e83636 !important;
}

I made it work in NSB by putting the CSS above in the project CSS. However, i need to be able to change the colours at runtime and that is what i am not sure about.
Can the colour be defined in a variable at runtime then applied that way instead of putting it in project css?

Thanks

The class gives the name of the css definition to use, so adding "red’ as a class to a cell will cause

.red {
background-color: #e83636 !important;
}

to be applied to the cell. (Remember to remove whatever color class was there before, so you only define one color at a time)

Thanks for your reply.

2 things:

1. With your example code, can #e83636 be replaced with a variable?
  2. Instead of having below:

if (value < 3) {
return ‘red’;
}

};

Instead of calling ‘red’, can this be replaced like below?

if (value < 3) {
return “background-color: #e83636 !important”;
}

};

The user is going to select their own colours from a color picker so the colours will always be different.

Thanks

1. No.
  2. Also no. That function is returning a class name. You’re changing it to return css styles.

You may be able to do what you need by setting the style attribute of the cell directly.

Thanks.

Is it possible to create many classes at runtime that stores the different colours and then delete them when no longer required?

I came up with a solution.

Instead of using the colorpicker, i put 25 buttons on a form and each of them has a different colour, and associated class that i put in CSS.

When each row of the grid array is filled, i have another array that only stores the colour class for that row. When the cellclass is called, i know the row number so from the colour array, i know the class and return the colour.