Virus Threat when Appstudio 7.2.2.1

I was installing the latest update Appstudio 7.2.2.1, and at the end of the installation, Norton Antivirus detected that there is a virus threat Heur.AdvML.B. Norton has removed the appstudio.exe from my Windows PC System. Please check and advice.

I had it with several updates and reported this too. Seems to be a false positive with antivirus software, Kaspersky in my case. Somehow I or Kaspersky got it, that at least the current update was accepted without any warning message. I could install the sooner updates always after quite a lot of fiddling with the av software.
Bernd

It’s an ongoing problem. We do everything we can: the app is fully signed with up to date certificates.

One of Norton’s tests is whether a lot of people are using the version of the software. That’s a problem for something like AppStudio, which gets frequent updates. We’re not about to stop updating our product to make Norton happy.

Here’s more from Symantic on how to respond:

I agree. I have since whitelisted nsbasic for avast due to the same false positive.

Stupid.

Mike

You might think before you install AV software. These companies sometimes collect and sell your data, which is pretty much the opposite of you would expect. Leaked Documents Expose the Secretive Market for Your Web Browsing Data