VoltBuilder Android Release build error

I’m continuing my quest to update my existing apps to use Voltbuilder from previous Phonegap build days. I’m using NSB 8.5.7.1 and have been able to build Debug Android APK and test successfully, but now when I switch to Android -release build I’m getting the error below. it’s saying something about issue with the certificate, but the same certificate builds fine in Debug mode. I’m including my log as well. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Malcolm

VoltBuilder.log (42.3 KB)

Execution failed for task ‘:app:signReleaseBundle’.

A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.FinalizeBundleTask$BundleToolRunnable
Failed to read key key0 from store “/certificates/android.p12”: Get Key failed: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption.

There is a problem with your certificate. Best bet is to generate a new one. You can do so easily using VoltSigner.

The debug build will work fine, since it does not use the certificate.

I have generated a new certificate using Voltsigner, and downloaded it to the certificates subdirectory of my project, overwriting the existing certificate. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error.

Here is the certificate generated by Voltsigner this morning.

android.p12.zip (3.1 KB)

This can happen if the androidAliasPassword in Project Properties - VoltBuilder is incorrect.

It should be the same as androidKeystorePassword if you are using VoltSigner to generate the p12 file.

That was the problem, typo in the Alias Password. Thanks