VoltBuilder app and indexeddb

Hello,

Has any one experienced getting a webapp that relies only on native indexeddb and no cordova-like plugins for data persistency through VoltBuilder and distributed it to iOS and Android?

If so, are there any storage limitations involved or can the app store as much data as it need?

Kind regards
Ricardo

I think you may need to use a plugin for Native apps built with Cordova, we use:

<plugin name="cordova-sqlite-evcore-extbuild-free" />

Ive used localForage in several projects which provides a wrapper to IndexedDB but will fall back to localStorage if a browser doesnt support IndexedDB or WebSQL. Heres a useful article explaining localForage use https://javascript.plainenglish.io/indexeddb-storage-is-too-complex-try-using-localforage-605ddc416b2c#:~:text=Limited%20Storage%20Capacity%3A%20Even%20with,around%205MB%20of%20data%20storage.

For webapp or native app? I use PouchDB as a wrapper for indexeddb because it allows seamless replication to a CouchDB server. I studied LocalForage, but the lack of replication moved be towards PouchDB.

My concern with indexeddb under a native app is related to storage limitations. When running as a webapp, the OS may reclaim space if its storage is near to be full and Iā€™m wondering if the same would happen to a webapp wrapped as native by VoltBuilder.

Both native and pwa - i didnt need replication so that wasnt an issue

1 Like