Prelaunch report err -game2n

I just submitted my app- game2 to play console(com.TsTan.game2),the 4 device crashes with issues.almost all the variable i set it to global.without a single line of db.without any saving and retrieving of local data.would this be the potential err?i run this app in 3 device,no single error is seen.

Device(s) with issues
Google Pixel 3 (blueline) - Android 9
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (x1q) - Android 10
Samsung Galaxy S9 (US) (starqlteue) - Android 8.0
Nokia 1 Android Go (FRT) - Android 8.1

Exceptions
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.TsTan.game2/com.TsTan.game2.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method ‘int java.lang.CharSequence.length()’ on a null object reference
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.TsTan.game2/com.TsTan.game2.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method ‘int java.lang.CharSequence.length()’ on a null object reference

Now,i have 3 submitted app having the same 4 err.

The 3rd app is saving and restoring local storage.

This doesn’t look like an AppStudio or VoltBuilder issue.

You will need to add some tracing to your app. Hopefully, this will let you locate the line of code in your app which is executing when this happens.

I search the web and saw this:google has broken google services 4.3.9,so need to downgrade to 4.3.8. I have the line …engine …=10.1.0may i know what is the remedy?

Hi tst,
I am next in line with errors like this. My pianocalc app is available in Google Play. It crashes immediately, even before one can see the splash screen, on all my 3 Android devices, S10, S21 Ultra 5G, Tab S7+5G. Additionally pre launch report tells that they noticed crash on Pixel S3 and Galaxy S20. The report says that there is a null pointer exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{de.bsommer.pianocalc/de.bsommer.pianocalc.MainActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'int java.lang.CharSequence.length()' on a null object reference
	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2951)

There seems to be a VoltBuilder issue as well. After solely crashes with Google Play I returned to building an apk package in order to deploy from my website. The apk from some days ago had worked fine. Since yesterday the app created by VoltBuilder as an apk and installed from a new apk would not run. Immediate crash before splash screen can be seen. The log file from building the new apk tells me that there were 12 errors with files in res folder which could cause crashes in non English (en) environment (here: de) . Additionally something with Gradle 7/8 is said to be deprecated and incompatible.
I do not know if it is worth while that you search
a) pianocalc by B. Sommer with Google Play,
b) bsommer.de, apps, download, pianocalc.apk, and try if it crashes with your devices as well

Oh we are buddy again…

On my website I meanwhile replaced the crashing apk version from yesterday with an older VoltBuilder apk from August. The older version does not crash. Visiting my website bsommer.de - hopefully :)) - now would lead to a working app.

My TstGame and MathxEx is live,but it blinks and clash ,sadly.

@bsommer,yours is a wonderful web app.

Many thanks for your nice words. With my private deploying it is very seldom to get feedback.

I installed your MentalHelp app and indeed it crashes immediately.
Congratulations on all your published apps. I did not yet try tstgame and mathxex

All my 4 little app crash immediately,so you do not need to try it…

hi,may i know,with nsb8551 windows release,have the appstudio resolve the crash issue of android .aab during internal testing and production release phrase.thanks in advance,tst

Thank you.
I am struggling with 8551. It seems to be the same as 8550. Tried the update twice. I am looking for a working download link which offers 8551 exactly.
Update: Download from within AppStudio or from website always results in 8.5.5.0, i.e. this is not the update.

I don’t think today’s fixes will make any difference to your crashes.

Do you get the same error if you run the apk on your device without going through Google Play?

What is “Prelauch report err -game2”? When does that appear?

The apk by VoltBuilder crashes in the same way - immediately - as going through Google Play.
Prelaunch report is a menu item at Google Play console.

I posted a internal testing track and a final track to google play.before it launches,google sent a pre-launch report to me through email,stating my app errors .all my 4 app was posted to google play store.i install from the play store.all 4 app immediately launches and immediately stopped.it just blinks.

There may be 2 problems here. The first one to deal with is the apk not running on the device.

Does anything show up in the Chrome Remote Console when running the apk?

I am sorry. I fail to do this remote debugging, because I do not know which URL to enter in order to inspect an app or an apk installed on the Android device.

Go to chrome://inspect#devices

Here are the complete docs: