Voltbuilder.json and Google bundle

I agree. That would give us the best of both worlds.

AppStudio 8.5.5 has been released. It has a new property in the Cordova and VoltBuilder section called Android Package Type. Can be set to apk or bundle (which makes the aab file). Only valid when making a release build.

1 Like

I am not able to install 8.5.5. Uninstall previous version and install 8.5.5 takes a lot of time. Tried twice.
AS always tells me that version 8.5.4 is not up to date.

Windows or Mac?

Windows 10, current version

I have an idea. Could you try downloading again?

I’m getting the same result—Windows 10.

Downloaded again. Version is still 8.5.4. Installed anyway. Result: 8.5.4

I think we’ve found the problem. Give it another try!

855 downloaded.err:play dev api not linked to play dev console.

Google Play Store] Getting credentials from certificates/google.json
[Google Play Store] Authenticating
[Google Play Store] Requesting access to upload a new release
Error requesting access to upload a new release to the Google Play Store:
<HttpError 403 when requesting https://androidpublisher.googleapis.com/androidpublisher/v3/applications/com.TsTan.MentalHelp/edits?alt=json returned “The project id used to call the Google Play Developer API has not been linked in the Google Play Developer Console.”. Details: “The project id used to call the Google Play Developer API has not been linked in the Google Play Developer Console.”>
Build c5824956-c2d9-45ad-a505-6e8b99a5e42d failed

After a few attempt,i see the log shows fail,no err message,below is the voltbuilder log.

Built the following bundle(s):
/platforms/android/app/build/outputs/bundle/release/app-release.aab

[Google Play Store] Getting credentials from certificates/google.json
[Google Play Store] Uploading to production track.
Build a3e044a6-3fa2-4bcf-934a-75900179adff failed

Summary 4 today
-play dev api not linked to dev console.
action-redo
-build failed
Action-unblock google.json
-[Google Play Store] Getting credentials from certificates/google.json
[Google Play Store] Uploading to internal track.
Error uploading to Google Play Store:
<HttpError 403 when requesting https://androidpublisher.googleapis.com/upload/androidpublisher/v3/applications/com.TsTan.MentalHelp/edits/01525923444225142668/apks?alt=json&uploadType=media returned “Your app currently targets API level 29 and must target at least API level 30.”. Details: “Your app currently targets API level 29 and must target at least API level 30.”>
Build 53db67a4-0b04-4262-8719-a33f64b62874 failed

This really should be another thread - it’s a completely different problem than the original topic. Could you post it separately so others who have the same problem can find it?

OK. 8.5.5 is installed. VoltBuilder build still with errors. I will report as soon as more important jobs are done.

Hi,i am having similar problem with u.my appstudio ide had expired,hence geting this type of err.can u check yours?best rdgs,tst

This morning I tried again with VoltBuilder. Looks like similar error as with previous AS version.
VB built an apk. Cannot see an aab package.
Log file:

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 7.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/6.5/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 7s
44 actionable tasks: 44 executed
Built the following apk(s): 
	/platforms/android/app/build/outputs/apk/release/app-release.apk

[Google Play Store] Getting credentials from certificates/pc-api-8953043525238254774-820-687d2376b59c.json
 <HttpError 404 when requesting https://androidpublisher.googleapis.com/androidpublisher/v3/applications/de.bsommer.pianocalc/edits?alt=json returned "Package not found: de.bsommer.pianocalc.". Details: "Package not found: de.bsommer.pianocalc.">
Build a9ec756e-9efc-49ef-81af-414a5651ece4 failed

In Project Properties, Cordova and VoltBuilder, what do you have Android Package Type set to? It should be bundle.

This is a new property, added in 8.5.5.

Sorry. I had forgotten to set bundle. With bundle setting I get this log:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 2s
45 actionable tasks: 45 executed
Built the following bundle(s): 
	/platforms/android/app/build/outputs/bundle/release/app-release.aab

[Google Play Store] Getting credentials from certificates/pc-api-8953043525238254774-820-687d2376b59c.json
 <HttpError 404 when requesting https://androidpublisher.googleapis.com/androidpublisher/v3/applications/de.bsommer.pianocalc/edits?alt=json returned "Package not found: de.bsommer.pianocalc.". 
Details: "Package not found: de.bsommer.pianocalc.">
Build dee9a727-06c4-444e-b121-d8533d2840fa failed

I think VoltBuilder has done its job properly, and the problem is with how your Play Store is configured. You might want to check with Google’s support for help with this.

May I repeat my suggestion to make the bundle downloadable locally. So one could upload the aab oneself manually to Play Store and better see why Play Store does not accept it.